Monday, February 14, 2011

Answer to why are you dressed that way?

I would say "Mr. Stranger I dress this way because I am a member of a very humble and christian Anabaptist group called the Hutterian Brethren and was baptized on the following articles of faith. 1.I believe in God the Father,the almighty creator of heaven and earth. 2.And on Jesus Christ,his only begotten son.3.Begotten out of the Holy Spirit and born to Mary who was a virgin. 4.Suffered under Pontius Pilatus, crucified,died and laid in the grave. 5.Journeyed down to hell and on the third day was resurrected from death. 6.Ascended to heaven,sitting at the right hand of God,the almighty Father. 7.From whence he will come to judge the living and dead. 8. I believe in the Holy Spirit. 9. I believe a Holy Christian Church-the community of believers. 10. Forgiveness of sin. 11 Resurrection of mankind. 12 And on life everlasting. And by dressing this way my dress is telling you that i still believe these 12 articles of faith (the apostolic creed) and that I'm proud of my heritage that was started over 400 years ago. My dress is also telling you that I fully support and am in good standing with my church.
But Mr.Stranger if we should ever meet and you would fail to recognize me as a member of the hutterian brethren then you would know that I am now ashamed of my heritage and that I no longer support or agree with the some or all of the beliefs of my previous generations and you will know its the beginning of the end for the hutterian church. For now i am "enlightened" and know better than the founders of our church, I want to blend in so I don't have to face uncomfortable questions like this.
So Mr.Stranger I am very humbled and feel very fortunate that I can carry on the beliefs and traditions that were born out of blood and fire and deemed so important by my hutterite ancestor. For you see Mr. Stranger we now carry the torch that was handed to us from our forefathers and it's our responsibility to tend it then to pass it on to our children and grandchildren pure and untarnished

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Another World.

Gazing at the stars tonight I feel a feeling start to grow An awesomeness, a hunger for something that I don't know I can feel it pull...