Monday, February 14, 2011

Respect

"The most significant change is the loss of respect for the forefathers, and for what the older people hold dear. In my later years, I have observed that the young people treat the older people with much disrespect. When I was growing up, we quietly listened to our elders. If an older person was talking, we would listen until he had finished talking. Now days, the young people interrupt right when older people are talking. They do not regard what older people are saying. "

Peter V. Janzen (1889-1989) when he was asked what he considered to be the most significant change that occurred in the Mennonite church in his lifetime. -Jerald Hiebert-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Another World.

Gazing at the stars tonight I feel a feeling start to grow An awesomeness, a hunger for something that I don't know I can feel it pull...