Wednesday, March 2, 2011

30 below.

It seems to me that winters draggin on.
I long for the melt, I long for the sun.
I long to see the creeks beginning to flow.
And I wanna get rid of this 30 below.

But I look outside and 30 below.
The wind is creeping up, and its starting to snow.
I look at my watch it says March the first.
The weatherman says it'll only get worse.
The forecast he gives really makes me cold.
As far as he can see, more 30 below.

Al Gore's been telling us we're all gonna die.
This planets heating up and we're the reason why.
Well I welcome you sir, to my part of the world.
And try telling us its not 30 below.

The hay stacks are full of starving deer.
While Mr. Al Gore is cracking a beer.
The drifts outside have four feet of snow.
And the mercury is still at 30 below.

My teeth are chattering hard along with my knees.
And all the treehuggers are safely sipping tea.
The cows that are in calf are starting to show.
And the temperature outside is 30 below.

I guess what I'm asking of you Mr Gore.
Along with all the treehuggers sitting at your door.
Is why in the world its so flipping cold.
On March the first; still 30 below.

2 comments:

  1. Hear about the blonde who asked,"whats the date?"Louie repleyed,"March first".So the blonde did a knee high goose step march around the room and said<"ok,now tell me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh, those blondes...they make this world go 'round...(-://:-)

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Another World.

Gazing at the stars tonight I feel a feeling start to grow An awesomeness, a hunger for something that I don't know I can feel it pull...