Friday, March 23, 2018

Global Warming. Q's from Amanda

Hi Louie Vetter! I have learned much from the articles that you post. Good reading material! I was just wondering what your view is on global warming? Does the Bible mention anything about it? Is it true that it is happening? Just curious... 


Hello Amanda and thank you for reading my posts. Yes, I have concern about the health of the earth and our role as stewards thereof. There is certainly a lot of hype out there. Canada believes strongly enough in global warming that they want to impose a carbon tax. As far as I can see, this is not so much a solution to the problem but a sort of a penance for polluters, where you still go on polluting but now you pay for it, thereby feeling better about it. 


After the Great Flood, the Bible has these words from the Lord in Genesis;

“While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
Cold and heat,
Winter and summer,
And day and night
Shall not cease.”


Is it true that global warming is happening?
That is a good question and I won't profess to know the answer, but here's my thinking. The earth goes through (and always has) periods of cooling and warming. If humans are at fault now, what was at fault before? 
 I think there are many factors at play here, most of which we have no control over. For instance, the solar cycles of the sun have a major effect on our weather. That the earth will fall back into a cooling cycle is almost a certainty. 

How concerned should we be?
 I think we should do our very best to treat the earth as God’s creation and as home for us and our generations to come. God is still in control, he won’t let anything more happen than he wants to and not anything less. 


We know we live in a fallen world that is in deterioration mode, along with the universe, but we can feel safe that we are under God's control. Did He not say “Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.”

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Louie Vetter for taking the time to answer my questions. I really appreciate it! Yes, we definitely should do what we can to be good stewards of what God has entrusted us with.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Another World.

Gazing at the stars tonight I feel a feeling start to grow An awesomeness, a hunger for something that I don't know I can feel it pull...